A map can be an excellent tool when you’re trying to get from one place to another but have you ever considered using maps to decorate your home? An antique map can add a touch of history, intrigue, and beauty to an otherwise unremarkable room. If you happen to be a map collector, you probably already have all the maps you need for elegant home décor. (although be sure you’re not decorating with valuable ones). If not, maps can be picked up inexpensively at garage and yard sales. Here’s how to transform your home with the beauty and intrigue of maps:
Frame your maps
You can frame your maps in interesting frames as is. If you’re displaying travel maps, you can also include a vacation photo on top of the map. This will personalize it and bring back pleasant memories of vacation travel. It’s easy to find interesting frames to hold your maps at estate and garage sales. Plus, it can be exciting getting up early on Saturday morning to go look for unique frames and maps.
Create map pillows
You can purchase transfer paper at your local computer supply or craft store to transfer images onto fabric. Why not use this special paper to transfer images of old maps onto ordinary pillows? Simply scan the maps into a photo editing program and resize them appropriately. Print out the transfer and iron or press the map image onto the pillow with heat. These pillows look stylish when displayed on casual couches in a den or in a sunroom.
Line a drawer
Use interesting travel maps to line your desk drawers. You’ll be reminded of your vacation every time you reach for a pencil. You can also use maps to cover ordinary tin cans turning them into travel pencil and pen holders.
Make fans out of your maps
It’s easy to create a fan out of a map. Simply a portion of your map to heavier card stock, make your pleats and use adhesive to secure the point of your fan. These can be displayed almost anywhere in your home. They look great as compliments to map pillows.
Make map place mats
Collect your favorite maps and cut them to appropriate size for a place mat. Have them laminated at your local office supply store and use them to decorate your table. These make great table décor for a home travel party.
Old maps can make almost any room of your house more interesting and they’re fun to collect and display. You’ll never run out of ways to use these intriguing bits of travel history.
Read More »
Keeping your home looking new and intriguing doesn’t have to be expensive. You don’t have to decorate the exteriors of the dwelling every other year, neither do you need foremost renovations. Sometimes, little alterations can make a good effect to visitors. We do the alterations in alignment to invigorate our inhabits, possibly put a new viewpoint into our own outlooks with a redo of our homes. If you arrive to believe of it, why are displays on TV about remodeling and redecorating on an allowance so well liked these days, and it’s because the gaze of a new room makes us seem positive.
Here are some things that may help you if you contemplating doing a redo of your home on a budget:
- Change some of the doorway knobs. Replace those widespread doorway knobs with some intriguing doorway knobs. Replace the bathing room doorway knobs to crystal doorway knobs. They don’t seem freezing or moderately hot in the winter or the summer. These doorway knobs are furthermore large to feel and have a exclusive gaze in itself.
- Rearrange or minimize the furnishings in the dwelling room. The Zen minimalist gaze is in these days. Perhaps by rearranging and going things round, you can conceive space in your dwelling that makes it gaze larger and even more tranquil.
- Replace some of the lights with feeling and reduced wattage lights. You can furthermore restore the lightweight swaps which those that have slope lighting ranges. By so doing, you can conceive an air or feeling in the certain area.
- Utilize upright spaces. Utilize those vacant upright spaces you have in either a utilitarian way or an aesthetic one. If you have hill two wheelers, let them suspend from the garage. For other things in the dwelling, buy that space keeping cartons that you can location carton upon carton on peak of each other. In periods of aesthetics, believe of your partitions as canvasses. You can add more images of your family to distinct components of the house.
- Eliminate not add. When you buy new furnishings and accessories, try to have a none balance in the sense that for every new part approaching in, there should be one getting out. You can profit from some cash by having a car dock sale or having some pieces auctioned off at an online tendering website.
- Enjoy what you are doing but furthermore get advice. Your home captures your feature but it isn’t too hard to inquire for some free help from some friends, or even inquire for free estimates by just googling, for example, ‘garage door company near me’ if you have issues to fix with your garage door. You can even browse nowadays or even design your own home space online. Take in all remarks but in the end, you make the call. After all, it’s your home.
The above points are part of my practices nowadays and it’s been helping me make the best options when it comes to home remodeling.
Read More »